Friday, June 11, 2010

My Wedding Cake


Just freshly decorated, here is our wedding cake. It is the night before our wedding and I am sitting here just staring at it. Yes, I know there's no topper but we've both agreed that it looks just beautiful without one.

The cake is comprised as follows: the bottom layer is pound cake with strawberry filling; the next 10" layer is spice cake with a cream cheese filling; the 8" layer is a lemon cake with a lemon curd filling and the final top 6" layer is chocolate with mixed berry filling. I started baking on Tuesday and just now finished (well about an hour ago). The roses are all gum paste and completely edible! The only thing that isn't edible is the sprigs of baby's breath. Otherwise, it is a completely edible cake. Not too shabby for my first (yes, my FIRST) really big cake!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: